Saturday, January 16, 2010

Proverbs 16:3 “Let the Lord Establish You”

“Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.”
The word ‘commit’ means to ‘roll onto.’ That is exactly what we must do: roll the concerns of our souls onto the Lord and let Him, whom we have trusted for eternal salvation, ease our cares and establish our thoughts. With our thoughts established, our minds are at peace and we can pursue the greater calling to become more like Christ. Commit all your works to the Lord, great and small, rely on His grace, and know peace.
--------------------
Related Scriptures: Psalm 37:4-5; 55:22; Romans 8:28; 1 Timothy 1:12; Philippians 4:6; 1 Peter 5:7
--------------------
“For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.” – 1 Timothy 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment